The core idea is to offer the right amount of utility at the earliest stage possible whereby you are requesting data from the user only at those points where it is crucially needed. And this is crucial: Why bother putting up bottlenecks and creating friction for visitors before they even understood the core benefit of your service and have invested a little bit of their valuable time.
- • Pull potential users in step by step (you'll find out what may not work)
- • Hand out some value immediately, don't wait too long
- • Be careful not to put users off, however, aim to create sufficient pain on each round
- • Give out great value for free, but hold off the golden feature for later
- • Ask for money when you have proven your worth and established trust